1999 Chrysler LHS

The car starts  but it will not idle it always cuts off. The check engine light comes on with codes P0158,P0160 and P0455  It will get sluggish and cut off. I just had the flywheel replaced about a month ago and a new starter installed. If anybody has any idea what it might be I would appreciate it.

Thanks,

4 thoughts on “1999 Chrysler LHS”

1. Code P0158 O2 Sensor Circuit High Voltage (Bank 2 Sensor 2)
    Code P0160 O2 Sensor Circuit No Activity Detected (Bank 2 Sensor 2)
    Code P0455 Evaporative Emission Control System Leak Detected (Gross Leak)
    ———————————————————-
    As far as the check engine light is concerned, Replacing the rear O2 Sensor and fixing a small evap leak (could be a loose gas cap) will make the check engine light go out. But it has nothing to do with your idle problem.
    Most likely idle problem would be the IAC (Idle Air Control)
    If this situation only occurs when the engine is war, you may be looking at a clogged catalytic converter.

2. I had the heater repaired last year because it would not come on but the air would. It has worked for a little while. Now that the weather is getting cooler at night, I have begin to turn on the heat an nothing happens. Only cool air blows.
    This cost me a lot of money last year. I have a 1999 Chrysler Concorde and the repair was made at Pep Boys

3. The most common cause for this issue is from a failed or sticking Blend door Actuator. It located deep inside the dash and usually runs at least 10 to 13 hours labor. Check to see if this is what you had replaced before and if you still have any kind of warranty left on the repair.

Comments are closed.