VW1994 RADIATOR REPLACEMENT

1994 GOLF 1.9 TD -RADIATOR REPLACEMENT COMPLETED.\RETURNED WITH UNIVERSAL FIT RADIATOR WHICH IS POSITIONED FURHTER OFF THE GRILL , ON THE DIAGONAL AND FURTHER BACK TWOARDS TEH ENGINE. THE FAN SHROUD ON TEH PORTION FURTHEST BACK DOES NOT MEET THE FAN , THE FAN STANDS OFF ABOUT 1/2 INCH FROM THE FAN SHROUD, SO THE FAM IS FURTHER FROM TEH RADIATOR. OVERALL THE RADIATOR IS ABOUT THREEE INCHES FURTHER BACK, AND ON A DIAGONAL. THE WIRES FOR THE ELECTRIC WERE LEFT HANGING NEAR THE TOP RADIATOR HOSE AND NOT CLIPPED IN PLACE.AND ONE WIRE WAS LEFT UNATTACHED AND `I’M UNABLE TO REACH AND REATTACH. THE BLINKERS WORK VERY RAPIDLY AS COMARED TO PREVIOUS AND THE THERMOSTAT SEEMS TO REACH MIDLINE TEMP RAPIDLY ALTHOUGH IT WAS REPLACED. AFTER PICK UP THE CAR DEMANDED WATER IN A 10 K`M OF DRIVING AND DRANK ALOT. I’M CONCERNED THERE MAY BE AN AIR LOCK FROM IMPROPOER AIR BLEEDING AND THAT THE OVERALL JOB WITH THE RADIATOR BEING OUT OF PLACE AN POSSIBLY INCORRECT , A UNIVERSAL RADIATOR? WILL HARM THE VEHICLE.\CAN YOU TACKLE EACH OF THESE POINTS AND LET ME KNOW WHAT MIGHT BE THE PROBLEM OR THE OUTCOME OF AN IMPROPER FITTING RADIATOR?

I KNOW HTERE ARE TWO RO THREE SIZED RADIATORS FOR THIS CAR AND I’M CONCERNED.

SHODDY WORKMANSHIP AND REPAIR? WHAT TO DO? ONE YEAR WARRANTY ON WORK.

Keywords:

2 thoughts on “VW1994 RADIATOR REPLACEMENT”

1. As for the blinking rapid blinking turn signal, this is usually a sign of one of the bulbs being burnt out. As this still may be the case, I would double check the one that isn’t blinking to make sure it wasn’t accidentally left unplugged during the radiator repair.

As for the thirsty radiator, the cooling system probably wasn’t brought up to temperature long enough for the thermostat to open, so once you drove it and the thermostat finally opened you needed to top it off… yes, this should have been done at the shop before you picked it up. Now that you have taken care of it, you should need to worry about it again.

The temp gauge reading mid-line is not a bad thing. The quicker the engine is brought to normal operating temperature the better as this is when your fuel mileage is most efficient. Since this is a new thermostat, the old one may have just been slow reacting.

As far as an aftermarket radiator, I wouldn’t be to concerned as long as it doesn’t leak or overheat, and you have a years worth of warranty to cover it if it does.

2. THANK YOU FOR YOUR FEED-BACK,IT HELPS TO SET MY MIND AT EASE. IVE BEEN BACK TO THE MECHANIC AFTER FINDING AN UNPLUGGED WIRE AND IT SOLVED BLINKER ISSUE. TOPPED UP THE FLUID 3 TIMES AND NOW IT SEEMS TO HAVE SETTLED OUT AND IS RUNNING WELL. REALLY APPRECIATE YOUR EXPLANATION OF THE TEMP GAUGE/THERMOSTAT. GREAT SERVICE. MANY THANKS. ELLIOTT

Comments are closed.