2008 Hyundai Tucson stalls frequently

Please help… My 2008 Hyundai Tucson has developed a problem over the last couple of months that seems to be impossible to resolve. The vehicle stalls when stopping at traffic lights, congested traffic, etc. This does NOT occur all the time. Mostly after the car has been driven for at least 4 minutes to an hour. If I shift into neutral, engine does not stall.Sometimes, even if it does not stall, the tachometer revs to around 3000 rpm’s for several seconds, then recovers. I am at my wits end, and cannot afford to spend money to ediagnose anymore. Will greatly appreciate anyone helping me to solve this!

2 thoughts on “2008 Hyundai Tucson stalls frequently”

1. I am going to assume the check engine light is not on, if it were you would need to have the codes scanned.

Two of the most common things that have an effect on idle would be the Idle Speed Control or a vacuum leak. When the Idle Speed Control or Idle Air Control (IAC) becomes dirty or starts to fail it will not set a code to trip the check engine light so it gives no warning. This would be the first thing i would look at.

2. You are correct, the check engine light does not come on. This is the first time that anyone has suggested this. I am not very well versed in diagnosing, but I have thought that the problem MIGHT be related somehow to idling, intake, etc. I will have this looked at. Thanks!

Comments are closed.