2006 Chevy Aveo

I have a 2006 Chevy Aveo that has the check engine light on. I was getting codes PO300,302 and 304. After having the crank sensor and ignition coil replaced and then the manifold gasket, those went away and I started getting a code PO315. I took it in for a crank sensor relearn and it would clear only to come back in as soon as the key is inserted in the ignition. Now I am being told that trigger wheel needs replacing by someone who has not even looked at the car. If that was the case wouldn’t the 315 code have been there from the beginning?

1 thought on “2006 Chevy Aveo”

1. Below you will find all the technical information on the code P0315 that you are having an issue with. If you are unable to look at the wheel and inspect it for yourself, you are kinda at the mercy of the mechanic that is. As for possible causes of the issue and code, see below.

P0315 – Crankshaft Position System Variation Not Learned

Possible Causes

1.Sensor or solenoid faulty
    2.Connector terminal contact is damaged or corroded
    3.Wire harness – Check harness for correct voltage, open, short to ground or short to voltage
    4.Update control unit software – Check for the latest control unit update
    5.Powertrain or Engine Control Module faulty

Visual inspection of the Crankshaft Position (CKP) sensor and crankshaft pulse wheel teeth for damage. If crankshaft teethes are OK, replace the Crankshaft Position sensor.

P0315 Description

The Crankshaft Position (CKP) sensor signal is monitored by the Engine Control Module (ECM) for errors. The P0315 code is set when ECM is unable to learn and correct for mechanical inaccuracies in crankshaft pulse wheel tooth spacing.

Comments are closed.