2007 Chevrolet Cobalt

I put another motor in my car and it runs well but when I go to start it the car cranks for a lot longer than it used to. My rpms don’t work now but the orange gear still pops up telling me when to shift. All of my digital things work on my speedometer like coolant, mpg, over all mileage, everything works except for the digital avg speed it says I’m going 19mph when really I’m going 45mph. Wanting to know with the information provided whether it could by certain sensors or fuses. That’s all I can think of right now but if you have any information or questions please let me know. I’d like to get these things fixed ASAP and have my car running in great condition.

1 thought on “2007 Chevrolet Cobalt”

1. Taking longer to start: first thing I would do would be to perform an easy test.

Cycle the ignition key from “OFF” to “ON” (NOT “START”) 10 times pausing for 5 seconds while at the “ON” position. This should prime the fuel system. If it starts easier this way, most likely reason would be a fuel pressure regulator leaking and or internal fuel pump leak. This allows the fuel pressure to bleed off when sitting for a time. Next thing would be to perform a fuel pressure test.

As for the speedometer being off, if you also changed out the transmission, the speedometer gear in the replacement transmission is different. If you didn’t the sensor may be loose, dirty or loose. Check the VSS- Vehicle Speed Sensor and post your findings.

Comments are closed.