2000 Ford Focus

2000 Ford Focus
So I’m reaching out for help here. I have a 2000 Focus that has recently been giving me a new problem about twice a month. The current problem is this terrible, somewhat grindy noise I hear within 30 seconds-1min after starting the car. The noise happens if it’s in park or reverse or drive. It seems to me that it’s coming from the front passenger side of the car. I cannot tell if it is a metallic or plastic noise. I took it to my mechanic about 9 days ago and he checked whatever he checked. All he said he found was a worn out strut mount, so he replaced that. No noise again until last night.

Does anybody have any idea what this is? Could it be related to my starter, or, like the strut mount, could it be another part of my suspension?

I seem to only hear it that once after starting, but it’s a pretty terrible sound and I really want to get it fixed. Any ideas or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

Keywords:

1 thought on “2000 Ford Focus”

1. You said
    The noise happens if it’s in park or reverse or drive.
    So being in park the car is not moving so it should have nothing to do with your suspension at all including the strut or strut mount. And since the vehicle isn’t moving yet that rules out the drive-line. So you are left with the engine and its components. If it was the starter, the noise would come with in seconds of turning or releasing the ignition key and surely not 30 seconds to a minute after the engine has been running. So I am going to guess that it is a belt driven noise or component. May just be the defroster kicking in the compressor or could be a worn belt tensioner or could be internal in the engine. If the issue gets to where the it happens every morning or every time, then you can test it by removing the belt and starting it to see if the noise is still there or not.

Comments are closed.