2005 Suzuki Forenza

2005-suzuki-forenza
I have a 2005 Suzuki Forenza. I have had the car less than a year, and I estimate that there is about 156,XXX miles on it. About two months ago my speedometer and odometer quit working. Shortly thereafter, the transmission started jumping when placed in Reverse or Drive. About a week later, the car became stuck in 2nd gear. It takes off in 2nd, stays in 2nd. Most recently, the car has been stalling out when I am stopped or about to stop. If I turn it back on, it starts normal, but immediately shuts off. However, I can turn it on and give it gas to keep it on. I have had my mechanic pull codes, as the check engine light has been on since the instruments quit working. There are codes U0101- Lost communication w/trans; P0113- Intake Air Temp Sens. High Input (which my car is actually not even equipped with); P0300- Multiple Cylinder Misfire Detected. I have replaced the ECM, since the original thought was it might be bad, however that has failed to solve any problems with my vehicle. What could this possibly be? Is this multiple things causing a bunch of problems or one thing causing problems?

Keywords:

1 thought on “2005 Suzuki Forenza”

1. Bunch of different things compiled together to give you a bunch of issues.
    My first thoughts would be VSS- Vehicle speed sensor causing the transmission issues, if not that then the TCM. The IAT – Intake Air Temperature needs replaced(built into the MAF – Mass Air Flow Sensor on your car) and give it a good tune up.
    ————————————————————————————————————————
    U0101 – Lost Communication With Transmission Control Module

Possible causes
    – Faulty Transmission Control Module (TCM) * this is different than the ECM – Engine Control Module
    – TCM harness is open or shorted
    – TCM circuit poor electrical connection

P0113 – Intake Air Temperature Circuit High Input

Possible causes
    – Faulty Intake Air Temperature (IAT) sensor
    – Dirty air filter
    – Intake Air Temperature (IAT) sensor harness is open or shorted
    – Intake Air Temperature (IAT) sensor circuit poor electrical connection

P0113 Description
    The Intake Air Temperature (IAT) sensor is built into mass air flow sensor or in some vehicles mounted to the air filter duct housing. The sensor detects intake air temperature and transmits a signal to the Engine Control Module (ECM).The temperature sensing unit uses a thermistor which is sensitive to the change in temperature. Electrical resistance of the thermistor decreases in response to the temperature rise. The Intake Air Temperature signal is used as an input for various systems in the vehicle.

P0300 – Cylinder Misfire Detected Random Cylinders

Possible causes
    – Faulty spark plug (s)
    – Faulty ignition coil (s)
    – Clogged or faulty fuel injector (s)
    – Intake air leak
    – Fuel injectors harness is open or shorted
    – Fuel Injectors circuit poor electrical connection
    – Ignition coils harness is open or shorted
    – Ignition coils circuit poor electrical connection
    – Insufficient cylinders compression
    – Incorrect fuel pressure

The P0300 code means that a cylinder(s) is misfiring or is randomly misfiring. Start by checking for intake leaks, intake gaskets are common caused of multi-cylinder misfiring. If no leak are found the next step is to replace the spark plugs. If the problem persist more tests needs to be done to diagnose problem, see “Possible Causes”

Comments are closed.