Description of Problem: Starts like normal then stalls 2-5 seconds later. Trying to find where…
Cannot find the washer fuse for the Windshield Washer, none found in auto owner’s manual. Washers don’t work, even though wipers do. No motor noise and fluid is full. Where is the fuse? what number is it?
There is not a separate washer fuse. The washer receives its power from the windshield wiper motor. So if the wipers work, the problem is not fuse related. Either the washer pump motor has failed, the connections or wiring are faulty or the internal relay in the wiper motor has failed.
Mist Wipe/Windshield Washer Operation
When the washer switch (on the end of the stalk) is momentarily pressed and released, a single wipe of the windshield wipers occurs. When pressed and held in, the windshield wiper motor activates the wipers and the wash relay (internal to the windshield wiper motor), providing voltage to the washer pump and directing washer fluid to the windshield. After the switch is released, the windshield wiper motor continues to activate the windshield wipers for 3 additional wipes and then turns the windshield wipers off.
Wiper/Washer Wiring Diagram – Washer Fuse2013-ford-taurus-color-schematics-wiper-washer-1-of-1
Washer Pump Replacement
Removal and Installation
- With the vehicle in NEUTRAL, position it on a hoist.
- Remove the front lower air deflector.
- Remove the RH front fender splash shield.
- WARNING: Carefully read cautionary information on product label. For emergency medical information seek medical advice. In the USA or Canada on Ford/Motorcraft products call: 1-800-959-3673. For additional information, consult the product Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS) if available. Failure to follow these instructions may result in serious personal injury.NOTICE: When installing a new washer pump, be careful not to damage the rubber grommet. NOTE: To prevent spilling windshield washer fluid, drain the washer reservoir before washer pump removal.
Remove the washer pump in the following sequence.
- Disconnect the electrical connector.
- Disconnect the washer hose.
- Remove the washer pump.
- NOTICE: Do not operate the washer pump prior to filling the washer reservoir. Failure to follow this instruction may result in premature washer pump failure. To install, reverse the removal procedure.
- Fill the washer reservoir with windshield washer fluid.