OD light flashing with code p0755 and p0753

2003 Ford Crown Victoria P71I’ve replaced all transmission solenoids and fluids. I am still getting codes p0755 and p0753 and o/o light flashes when I drive. The transmission is shifting but not as smooth as I think it can. I am  thinking the ECM is faulty. Is that possible or should I look elsewhere? I need to get these codes cleared so I can smog it. I have cleared the codes with the diagnostic tool but same codes come back and flashing o/o light. It is a 2003 Ford Crown Victoria P71 Police Interceptor.

RESPONSE

I think the o/o light you are talking about is actually the O/D light. This stands for Over Drive.

O/D Off light flashing

Most likely cause

In later years of this model production (aprox. 1995-2003) these vehicles were equipped with either a 4R44E transmission or (1999 and later) a 5R55E transmission. The former has a speed sensor located near the tail shaft housing that, when going out or has gone out, will cause the O/D Off light to flash intermittently or constantly. On the latter (5R55E) this sensor is located inside of the transmission and will cause the same symptoms. This sensor helps the computer to determine proper shift points. In conclusion a bad sensor can cause hard shifting, delayed shifting or even failure to shift, resulting in premature transmission failure. Therefore replacing the VSS – Vehicle Speed Sensor might be the best move.

Ford Code P0755 – Shift Solenoid 2 Circuit Malfunction

The P0755 code is detected when TCM detects an improper voltage drop when it tries to operate the solenoid valve. Shift solenoid valve 2 is turned ON or OFF by the Transmission Control Module (TCM) in response to signals sent from the park/neutral position (PNP) switch, vehicle speed and Engine Control Module (ECM) (throttle opening). Gears will then be shifted to the optimum position.

Ford Code P0755 Possible causes

• Low transmission fluid level
  • Dirty transmission fluid
  • Faulty shift solenoid 2 valve
  • Shift solenoid 2 valve harness is open or shorted
  • Shift solenoid 2 valve circuit poor electrical connection

Ford Code P0753 – Shift Solenoid 1 Performance

The Code P0753 occurs when the ECM has detected a mechanical fault with the solenoid energized, valve stuck off. Shift solenoid valve 1 is turned ON or OFF by the Transmission Control Module (TCM) in response to signals sent from the park/neutral position (PNP) switch, vehicle speed and Engine Control Module (ECM) (throttle opening). Gears will then be shifted to the optimum position.

Code P0753 Possible causes

• Low transmission fluid level
  • Dirty transmission fluid
  • Faulty shift solenoid 1 valve
  • Shift solenoid 1 valve harness or connectors
  • Shift solenoid 1 valve circuit is open or shorted

1 thought on “OD light flashing with code p0755 and p0753”

1. i have a 2006 ford van E250 with a 5.4 motor just got the transmission rebuit its not shifting in to over drive i have tryed to drive it 7 miles on the street

Comments are closed.