Problems after cleaning battery terminals Lincoln Town Car

2003 Lincoln Town Car

I have a 2003 Lincoln Town Car Signature Premium. Great shape, low miles, excellent condition. Everything worked perfectly until yesterday! I noticed the battery terminals were corroded so I cleaned them. After I put them back on NOW the drivers side seat controls do not work, the mirror controls do not work, the air suspension light on the dash stays on and the power steering is barely working. I have checked ALL fuses (interior and exterior), checked the connections beneath the seat, the power steering fluid is full. I have disconnected the battery to let the modules reset…still nothing works. Any ideas?

Problems after cleaning battery terminals

Like you said, it was fine until you touched it. You cleaned the battery terminals which was the right thing to do. I would guess somehow some wiring got touched where it wasn’t supposed to or caused a brittle wire to break. But lets look at the wiring diagrams (provided below)of each circuit and see if we can find a connection.

Taking a quick look I can see the power mirrors and drivers power seat both share the same GROUND connection, G207. And looking at the electronic suspension and electronic power steering I can see they share the same TWO FUSES, number 8 and 10. You might want to double check those fuses not only to see if they are good, but that they have power going to them. Then check the ground connections for the rest.  If the corrosion was bad enough, there might be some additional corrosion in the battery cables themselves. If so, replacing the cables would be the next move.

• mirror fuses 18, 30 ground G207
  • seat fuse 108 ground G207
  • electronic suspension fuses 8,10,114 and Electronic power steering connected from Air Suspension Module Pin 26 (LT GRN/BLK wire)- grounds G102 and G405
  • electronic power steering fuses 8, 10 ground G201

(DIAGRAMS BEST VIEWED IN GOOGLE CHROME OR FIREFOX)

Power Mirrors with electronic day/night mirror wiring diagram

2003-lincoln-town-car-mirrors-power-mirrors-circuit-w-electronic-day-night-mirror-1-of-1

Drivers power seat circuit wiring diagram

2003-lincoln-town-car-seats-driver-power-seat-circuit-1-of-1

Electronic suspension wiring diagram

2003-lincoln-town-car-electronic-suspension-1-of-1

Electronic power steering wiring diagram

2003-lincoln-town-car-electronic-power-steering-1-of-1

1 thought on “Problems after cleaning battery terminals Lincoln Town Car”

Comments are closed.