The truck idles fine and revs up fine in park. But when I put in in gear, it’s like I push the accelerator and nothing happens. Like it’s not getting fuel. I replaced the fuel filter and the air filter and that did nothing to fix it. Thank you very much.
No Engine Power
The first thing to do would be to check for any stored check engine light codes. And since this vehicle is older than 1995 it can be done without the use of a scan tool.
Once you have the codes you may post them below in the comments for further assistance. There is no reason to guess if you have the codes.
- Incorrect Ignition Timing – Reset Timing
- Leaky Valves – Check Compression
- Weak Fuel Pump – Replace Fuel Pump
- Dirty Fuel Injectors – Clean/Replace Injectors
- Excessive Intake Valve Deposits – Clean Intake System