White Smoke 1993 Ford Ranger

ford ranger white smoke

Has some trouble starting with jumping. I got it to start and run for about five minutes. After stopping then trying to restart no power. I then jumped it again but dies immediately. I tried this several times with same result.
Battery is one month old. Ignition switch one year old. Fuel pump one year old.

I also have white smoke from tailpipe. I believe I wiped oil from the tip of tailpipe. But I also have carbon build up issue. Not sure which is problem.

At least provide answer to starting problem.

Thanks!

Any check engine light codes are a great place to start in most situations. Luckily you do not need a scan tool to pull the codes on your vehicle. Here is how to pull Ford engine light codes without a scan tool.

White Smoke

White Smoke is a symptom of a blown head gasket.

As for your starting issue, a blown head gasket will allow coolant into the engine cylinders and foul the spark plugs making it difficult to start. Remove the spark plugs and inspect them for being fouled(wet). This will also cause a lack of compression. Perform a compression test and look for one or two cylinders to be 20 PSI or less than the other cylinders. Generally you will see 0 – 20 psi on a “dead” cylinder.

Starts and Stalls

There is a wonderful No Start chart that you can also follow from the center of the page that says “Starts and Stall?”. The link to the chart can be found on your previous question Here: https://www.freeautomechanic.com/mechanic/forum/2022/02/no-start-1993-ford-ranger-4-cylinder

NOTE* you may respond below in the comments instead of submitting a new question each time.