Where and how to adjust transmission shifter cable when Jeep is in drive shift indicator is in 2nd? The bushings and cable are good.
Gearshift Adjustment Procedure
- Shift transmission into PARK.
- Remove floor console as necessary for access to the shift cable adjustment.
- Loosen the shift cable adjustment nut.
- Raise vehicle.
- Unsnap cable eyelet from transmission shift lever.
- Verify transmission lever is in PARK detent by moving lever fully rearward. Last rearward detent is PARK position.
- Verify positive engagement of transmission park lock by attempting to rotate propeller shaft. Shaft will not rotate when park lock is engaged.
- Snap cable eyelet onto transmission shift lever.
- Lower vehicle.
- Tighten the shift cable adjustment screw to 105 in. lbs.
- Verify correct operation.
- Install any floor console components removed for access.
2006 Jeep TJ/Wrangler Shift Cable Routing Diagram
- Shift Mechanism
- Ignition Lock Interlock
- Steering Column
- Wire Connector
- Manual Lever
- Cable Bracket
- Shifter Cable
- Tie Strap
- Park/Brake Interlock Cable