Performing the following procedures without first removing the ABS wheel-speed sensor may possibly cause an open circuit in the wiring harness if pulled by mistake. Before performing the following procedures, disconnect the ABS wheel speed sensor connector (axle side) and fix the wiring harness to an appropriate place where it will not be pulled by mistake while servicing vehicle.
Purchase CV Axle shaft – 2006 Mazda 6, 3.0L
- Fits 2003 – 2008
- Passenger Side – OEM Part# NCV47581 – (manual or automatic)
- Drivers Side – OEM Part#NCV47575 – Automatic Only
CV Axle Shaft Replacement
- Raise and support vehicle and support it with safety stands in proper locations.
- Remove wheel nuts and front wheels.
- On models equipped with manual transaxle, drain transaxle oil in suitable container.
- On all models, remove wheel hub locknut. Install spare nut onto driveshaft so that nut is flush with end of driveshaft.
- Tap nut with copper hammer to loosen driveshaft from front wheel hub.
- Separate driveshaft from wheel hub. The sharp edges of the joint shaft can slice or puncture oil seal. Use care when removing joint shaft from transaxle.
- Remove nut from tie-rod end.
- Then Remove bolt, washer and nut from dampner fork.
- Remove nut from lower control arm ball joint.
- Disconnect ABS wheel speed sensor.
- Remove tie-rod and ball joint.
- Remove bolt, washer, and nut from lower ball joint arm.
- Then Remove stabilizer control link nut.
- Remove joint shaft bracket bolt.
- Remove joint shaft.
- Disconnect joint shaft bracket from cylinder block and remove joint shaft. The sharp edges of the joint shaft can slice or puncture oil seal. Use care when removing joint shaft from transaxle.
- Install a new driveshaft clip using suitable tool into driveshaft clip groove. Clip opening must be facing up and clip width must be 31.2 mm (11.23. inch).
- Reverse procedure to install, noting the following:
a. Torque lower control arm dampner nuts to 47 ft. lbs.
b. Torque tie-rod end ball joint nut to 33 ft. lbs.
c. Torque front lower ball joint nut to 38 ft. lbs.
d. Torque joint axle shaft bracket bolts to 39 ft. lbs.
e. Torque wheel lug nuts to 80 ft. lbs.
f. Torque stabilizer control link nut to 37 ft. lbs.
g. Torque wheel hub nut to 195 ft. lbs.