The car has gone 1000 miles in four months. how often should I change the oil? also, the place I go for oil changes says synthetic oil should be used for my accord?
Are 16in 2005 Honda Pilot tires interchangeable with 15in 2001 Chevy Blazer tires?
How much should a timing belt replacement cost ?
I’m having glitchy acceleration problems with my ’09 Honda Fit Sport 5 speed AT. Before I start, I’ve eliminated coil packs, spark plugs, AT fluid, and the air filters as a problem.
The issue I need help identifying:
– When accelerating through first and second gears from a complete stop the acceleration is hesitant. When pressing on the accelerator the car hesitates at low speed for about 1 to 2 seconds and then moves into a higher speed. If I press firmly on the accelerator pedal down to about one third to the floor, acceleration is a very pronounced without any hesitation, the engine revs normally, and the car moves forward. This is just not good for stop and go traffic as I could rear end someone.
– No misfiring during highway travel. Car maintains consistent speed.
– Car lunges forward when shifting from park to drive after the engine has fully cooled. This is the only time it happens.
– Turning the ignition first thing in the AM is a more delayed response than at any other time. So, when starting the car I can hear the car “turning over” for about 1 full second when the engine is cool in the morning, and it happens instantly at all other times.
– Driving in first gear in slow traffic the car’s speed hesitates. If I’m driving in first gear in slow traffic for a bit and then give it more gas, the car again hesitates through 2nd until it reaches third gear. There’s no grinding or clunking and the shifting isn’t very hard, it’s just as if it struggles to reach a consistent speed.
– Check engine light has never been on.
– When driving I can periodically smell burnt off motor oil (very faint smell and no smoke) coming through an open window or through the vents. There is no oil leak.
i have a 1998 honda passport and was experiencing gear slippage. i thought it was the transmission ,so i went to the junk yard and got a used one and installed it. when i started the car after the repair and went to shift into gear nothing happened (no movement). oh let me also add when in park or neutral rpms dropped a little or should i say when in gear (such as drive) rpms increased a little bit, which should happen the other way around, such as when shifting from park to drive , rpms should decrease , but im getting the opposite.also as i said before i have no gears at all. please help. thank you.
my car starts most of the time but I could drive to the store and hop right back in and it turns but no gas I spray stating fluid in it and fires right away and its happening more and more ?
the radiator is slowly showing an oil and water mix. The car ran hot 2 weeks ago because the radiator cap wasn’t tight. what do I do now?
Hi I broke the drivers side window (GLASS) and cannot afford to pay for a NEW one, so I am trying to get 1 from pull-a-part , but they don’t have my make/model car. I need to know if any other make/model car has a compatible part, and if so what make/model? Thanks, Ashley
my passanger side front cv shaft has alot of play in it, where it goes into the transmission. i replaced the cv shaft but it is still has play in it and it pops out of place even after i made sure it locked into the transmission. is my transmission bad or is it a bearing or is my cv shaft bad?
my rear differential is making a squeeling sound and is also slipping. i replaced the fluid with honda rear differential fluid but it is still squeeling and slipping and it getts really hot.