I had a blown head gasket from fans going out and got it replaced with new head water pump and all seals and gaskets. Car ran fine one day and the next it wouldn’t fire so I replaced distributor. Car started back firing and its getting gas but wont crank. What’s the problem to this issue?
In cold weather and cold starts. Engine stalls at stops. Slowing down between 15 mph and 0 mph engine stalls. Slowing down to make a turn engine will stall during turn. Lose steering ability when engine stops.
why does the engine cut off when i move the throttle up and down-yet if i hold the throttle position-it will rev and keep running. i already replaced the TPS which helped a bunch to get this car to start and idle-it will rev high and all that-but move the throttle around and she quits-and then hard to start up again. no codes on my obd reader. i did the MAP sensor test-the circuit and the sensor both function normally [ie; 5 volts supplied-neg wire good-and volts fluctuate to lower and higher when vaccum applied]
I was driving it home from work the other night and it bogged out on me and died and now it wont start back up and i replaced the cap and rotor
Started with a rough idle, then my check engine light began flashing. It would idle so rough it felt like it was about to die out. I drove it a few days like this and noticed a fuel smell whenever I’d get out. I took to autozone and it had codes for misfires in all 4 cylinders. Changed plugs, replaced main relay, and checked distributor, has spark and started a couple times with starting fluid. I had a guy come try to use his scanner but its been sitting for a month with a dead battery, he used a jump box and tried scanning but got no codes. He says he thinks its the fuel pump. Any thoughts?? I’d hate to buy the pump and it not be the problem.
my car is overheating. I just bought it today and I am afraid I bought a lemon
The car has gone 1000 miles in four months. how often should I change the oil? also, the place I go for oil changes says synthetic oil should be used for my accord?
Are 16in 2005 Honda Pilot tires interchangeable with 15in 2001 Chevy Blazer tires?
How much should a timing belt replacement cost ?
I’m having glitchy acceleration problems with my ’09 Honda Fit Sport 5 speed AT. Before I start, I’ve eliminated coil packs, spark plugs, AT fluid, and the air filters as a problem.
The issue I need help identifying:
– When accelerating through first and second gears from a complete stop the acceleration is hesitant. When pressing on the accelerator the car hesitates at low speed for about 1 to 2 seconds and then moves into a higher speed. If I press firmly on the accelerator pedal down to about one third to the floor, acceleration is a very pronounced without any hesitation, the engine revs normally, and the car moves forward. This is just not good for stop and go traffic as I could rear end someone.
– No misfiring during highway travel. Car maintains consistent speed.
– Car lunges forward when shifting from park to drive after the engine has fully cooled. This is the only time it happens.
– Turning the ignition first thing in the AM is a more delayed response than at any other time. So, when starting the car I can hear the car “turning over” for about 1 full second when the engine is cool in the morning, and it happens instantly at all other times.
– Driving in first gear in slow traffic the car’s speed hesitates. If I’m driving in first gear in slow traffic for a bit and then give it more gas, the car again hesitates through 2nd until it reaches third gear. There’s no grinding or clunking and the shifting isn’t very hard, it’s just as if it struggles to reach a consistent speed.
– Check engine light has never been on.
– When driving I can periodically smell burnt off motor oil (very faint smell and no smoke) coming through an open window or through the vents. There is no oil leak.