Have code 1273…Air fuel sensor…Where is it located and how to change?
Nissan Code P1273
Code P1273 Description:
Air Fuel Sensor 1 Heater Bank 1
Code P1273 Probable Causes:
- Sensor or solenoid faulty
- Connector terminal contact is damaged or corroded
- Wire harness – Check harness for correct voltage, open, short to ground or short to voltage
- Update control unit software – Check for the latest control unit update
- Powertrain or Engine Control Module faulty
- HO2S sensor contamination/damaged
Air Fuel Sensor Location
- Sensor 1 Bank 1 – at left rear of engine (F65)
- Sensor 1 Bank 2 – at right rear of engine compartment (F5)
A closer look under the hood gives you a better view of the exact location of the A/F sensor.
How to change Air Fuel Sensor
- Remove harness connector of air fuel ratio A/F sensor
- Remove the air fuel ratio A/F sensor is a 7/8 (22 mm) offset oxygen sensor socket.( the socket has a slot in one side to allow siding over the wiring harness.
Offset Oxygen Sensor Socket
- Size: Common 6 point, 7/8 inch (22 millimeter) hex fits almost all oxygen sensors; 3/8″ drive for ratchets.
- Design: This socket’s slotted design allows you to remove oxygen sensors with the wiring harness still attached, and the unique off set design of the T7822F Oxygen Sensor Wrench delivers maximum torque with maximum convenience! Made to increase torque on hard-to-remove O2 sensors and allows you to access tough spots, easily!