This car was manufactured in Slovinia, originally purchased in Canada, sent to Ghana where our NGO purchased it in 2014. Soon after, the EPC light came on and we have tried many things and continue to have problems.
The problem: EPC light comes on and sometimes there is not a problem, but most times, the car stops pulling. This can happen anytime – when the car is cold or when it has been running. YOu have to stop, turn off the car, wait and try and eventually, it will go again, sometimes for many miles or days, and sometimes just for a few minutes before you go again.
What we have replaced up until now:
Replaced: Throttle position sensor, APPS, coils 1 & 4 (I am told they were short circuiting), plugs, release bearing/clutch kit (a separate problem, I guess).
The error codes:
They report carbon buildup in the injectors ( I think they saw when they removed the intake manifold) are recommending we replace all of those and many more items.
I appreciate your help!
Multiple Trouble Codes Detected
Quite an assortment of codes you have going on. The P0300 codes are for misfires. The other codes have to do with the TPS and Intake Sensors. Looking at the big picture it appears there is an electrical issue. The electrical issue is most likely tied to the wiring harness. If this vehicle has been in a wreck, start looking in that area for pinched or damaged wiring. Look for corrosion on connectors and at the connections at the ECM and the sensors involved.
Code P1558 – Throttle Actuator Electrical Malfunction
- Faulty Throttle Valve Control Module
- Throttle Valve Control Module harness is open or shorted
- Throttle Valve Control Module circuit poor electrical connection
Code P0221 – Throttle Pedal Position Sensor/Switch ‘B’ Circuit
- Throttle Position Sensor (TPS) harness is open or shorted
- Throttle Position Sensor (TPS) circuit poor electrical connection
- Faulty Throttle Position Sensor (TPS)
- Fault Electric Throttle Control Actuator (or Throttle Body Motor)
- Accelerator Pedal Position Sensor (APP)
Code P068A – ECM/PCM Power Relay De-Energized Performance – Too Early
- Faulty Engine Control Module (ECM) relay
- Faulty ECM
- ECM harness is open or shorted
- ECM circuit poor electrical connection
Code P2015 – Intake Manifold Runner Position Sensor/Switch Circuit Range/Performance Bank 1
- Faulty Intake Manifold Runner Position Sensor/Switch
- Intake Manifold Runner Position Sensor/Switch harness is open or shorted
- Intake Manifold Runner Position Sensor/Switch circuit poor electrical connection